Biocube 14 and Rose Bubble Tip Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppylover101

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 14 gallon biocube has been running for 8 months and its been a reef tank wich included bubble coral , frogspawn coral , torch coral , hammer coral , green star polyps , duncan coral , and pom pom xenia i have recycled my biocube 8 wich is really old version but i kept it almost as if it was new so i moved all my corals to the biocube 8 and have been doing grat for 3 weeks already now heres the catch i want a rose buuble tip anemone wich my friend is going to give me because his split and he has also succefully kept one in his 14 gall biocube but grew 5-6 inch and was harming his coral now my tank will be full dedication to it it will only be the anemone and a pair of percula or ocellaris clow i actually want the abemone to cover all or most of the tank
Thank you

A biocube 8g version is too small for clowns.....

But the anemone will take up a good part of the tank, since its not very large so thats the good news.

Very true, completely forgot to touch on that. lol

I would say no, my rbta didnt do very well under the stock lighting in my biocube until I put a 4 bulb t5 over it

Yeah I guess the main question is does your friend have the stock lighting still?

Yea he does butit was mostly like a display an was oanm amemonme only tamk all bubbles just not the same colors i completly fell in love with it it covered all the rocks and sand with a pair of clowns and my clowns are in the 14 biocbe i really liked it

This is the info i found online and close to what my friend said

Power
Consider two things when determining the proper power of the light fixture: wattage and Kelvin. The proper wattage of the light depends on the tank's size, as the bubble tip does best in around three watts per gallon. If you're anemone is kept in a 30-gallon tank, there should be 90 total watts of power. The Kelvin rating measures the brightness of the light. For most bubble tip setups, a 10,000K light is minimum.

So i have a 14 gallon two 24watt bulbs one actinic one flourescent and L.E.D lights wich idk how many whats they are but i have 48 watts plus the L.E.D's wich i would say are also 24 watts so that would be 62 watts that i think i have

The watts per gallon rule doesn't really apply with LED lighting. You'd have to test their PAR values and see how much wattage each diode uses. For example 10 1 watt LED's is a lot less then 1 10 watt LED. The PAR value in the 10 watt LED is much greater then the PAR of a 1 watt LED.

So i have a 14 gallon two 24watt bulbs one actinic one flourescent and L.E.D lights wich idk how many whats they are but i have 48 watts plus the L.E.D's wich i would say are also 24 watts so that would be 62 watts that i think i have

Those leds are less than .10 watts. They are just moonlight accents. 48 watts of cfls is much different than 48 watts of 3w leds or a metal halide. IMO you don't have enough light for a nem. Also be aware these creatures require pristine water, along the same lines as sps corals. Barely any nitrate or phosphates. In a 14 that's rather difficult.

Like I said watts aren't created equal. That tank needs a light upgrade to keep a nem.

Those leds are less than .10 watts. They are just moonlight accents. 48 watts of cfls is much different than 48 watts of 3w leds or a metal halide. IMO you don't have enough light for a nem. Also be aware these creatures require pristine water, along the same lines as sps corals. Barely any nitrate or phosphates. In a 14 that's rather difficult.

+1 on everything bribo said, great advice

What if i take the led ot amd replace them with another actinic and another flourfescet

I know they sell retro fit kits for bio cubes for LEDs that would allow you to keep anything you wanted, not sure how much they are but I imagine pricey unless your good at DIY

Yes the biocube comes with 4 slots 3 are taken up by the florescent 10k 24w the actinic 24 watts amd the blue led moonlights and an open 1 so i will remove the leds ad put in 1 more actinic and 1 more florescent that would be 96 watts wold that be fine

So i might be able too also thats how my fried has it and would istead of addig two more bulbs i add 3 leds 1 more moonlight ad 2 more normal biocube white leds or would that not work

No those biocube leds are worthless. No power behind them. You're better off adding another bulb

Back
Top Bottom