Biocube 14, need fish suggestions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PapaNosio

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello fellow nano cubers, I just started stocking my 14g Biocube with a number of different corals and they seem to be doing great. Recently added an anenome and maroon clown to the party joining a bunch of cleaners (halloween hermit, cleaner shrimp, snails, and a handful of small hermits)

I'm looking to add another fish with personality that likes to hang out in the open (possibly a blenny). Any suggestions out there for something that is reef safe and will get along with the clown? Not really a wrasse man. :)

Photo attached, thanks!

Attachments

• image-2080592570.jpg
    image-2080592570.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 145
Thanks for the suggestiond, went with a multi-color blenny and a small coral beauty. All getting along fine.

The coral beauty is hiding out behind my coral cluster most of the time - assuming she needs some time to get used to the new environment.

Also added some new coral with a piece covered in red mushrooms, a purple feather duster, and a sm. orange sponge for color.

Is there a rule about a coral cutoff for a tank size?

You will love the coral beauty. I love mine. Took a day or so for it to come out of hiding and swim around. Great coloring and great personality.

Keep a close eye on the coral beauty....known to nip at corals, mine did. And they really need a bigger tank.

Hello fellow nano cubers, I just started stocking my 14g Biocube with a number of different corals and they seem to be doing great. Recently added an anenome and maroon clown to the party joining a bunch of cleaners (halloween hermit, cleaner shrimp, snails, and a handful of small hermits)

Did you have to alter your lights at all for the corals and anemone?? I have the Biocube 14 (it's cycling now) and I want to do the same, but I'm not sure about the lights -- I still have the stock lights.

Everything is stock in my tank, the standard biocube supports a variety of coral life but not all. Work with a knowledgable person at your aquarium store and they can guide you to coral that doesn't need special care or lighting.

Back
Top Bottom