Biocube 29 ready for a new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishN00b83

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So this tank has been up for 8 months now and I have 2 clowns, a royal gramma and a fire shrimp in there. The tank has been doing awesome so I think it's time to add a new fish. I would like to add a 6 line wrasse in as the last fish, but before that I was thinking a small goby. I know it's gotta be close to the max bioload, but I've been really keeping up with everything lately and I think it will work.

I don't want a watchman or anything that big, I was thinking a green banded goby. I have read in a few places that they like to be in small groups of 2 or 3. Would it be ok to add a few in there, or can I just add one? What do you guys think?

I'd seed the tank with a bottle or two of copepods as they are the primary diet of a mandarin and if you plan on having 2-3 mandarins be prepared to buy a bottle or 2 a month #just my 2 cents worth (goby I mean still a dragonet)

That's weird I didn't find that at all. I don't want to worry about pods and all that. Maybe I should look into something else or research them more.

Do all gobys need live food? i use sinking pellets for my tank would they be able to eat those or no? Black barred convict goby was my second choice if the LFS sold the green banded one, do they have the same needs?

I wouldn't worry to much about your bio load. I know a lot of people do, but I have 3 small fish, two clowns and two wrasse's and the tank handles it very well. No spikes in anything.

I wouldn't worry to much about your bio load. I know a lot of people do, but I have 3 small fish, two clowns and two wrasse's and the tank handles it very well. No spikes in anything.

They all get along? I'm just kinda worried about territories too. I replaced everything in the back of the biocube with the intank stuff. In the first chamber I have purigen and chemi pure elite, the second I have a ball of cheato. It seems to be working good.

If all gobys need live food I'm going to look at other fish. I like how everything eats the same food right now.

I have a scooter blenny that's trained to eat frozen and flakes but it just takes time just research research research and scooter blennies are dragonets. Like bullet gobies eat live but I have mine trained to eat pellets and frozen I guess it depends on the temperament of the fish but I also trained useing garlic

Back
Top Bottom