Biocube 29gal on CL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stepho725

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey so there is a 29gal Biocube on my local CL with a leak for $50. Would I be able to fix this easily?

Well the guy says it is sealable...
And that it isn't a big leak.
So idk whether to bite or not lol.

If its a crack then I'd pass but if it needs to be resealed I would consider. What's in the whole package?

Its the basic Biocube 29 with the compact fluorescents not the LEDs.
And he says its a seam leak not a crack.

I'd buy it. Just make him fill it a verify the leak. Its very easy to reseal a tank.

Cool maybe I will....hmmm....I was looking into new ones. And I think $225 isn't terrible for a tank which I don't need to buy lights or filter for.

Nope they are not a bad deal for an all in one. It doesn't have the best equipment and some people mod their setups to accommodate better stuff. I considered one for a while and then bought a 90. Gotta love Craigslist. :)

The bio cube 29 is like a Honda Civic. Yea it's nice when its stock but a few mods and you can have a 700 horse power civic that would own a vet!!

Point being don't sleep on that little monster of a cube.

Where are you located if I may ask?

I'd buy it. Just make him fill it a verify the leak. Its very easy to reseal a tank.

And so much work....

You can't just run a bead over the area of the leak. You have to completely take the silicone out with razor blades, clean everything, rinse and repeat a couple of times.
The re-silicone it and hope you have done it right.
First time around is a real mess ;)

And so much work....

You can't just run a bead over the area of the leak. You have to completely take the silicone out with razor blades, clean everything, rinse and repeat a couple of times.
The re-silicone it and hope you have done it right.
First time around is a real mess ;)

Sounds like more than I'm willing to do lol although it might make a nice terrarium....hmmm.....
My boyfriend is going to kill me!
RE: Convict - I'm in Connecticut...
Pretty excited because I am going to a "local" (half hour away) fish store today and they've got used set ups. They also have BEAUTIFUL live rock which is FULL of life!

I would you tube a video of resealing and see what is involved. I did a 55 in about 4 hours. I stripped it, taped it and sealed it. Not trying to talk you into it, but you can use the extra cash for stuff in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom