Biocube chamber advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leftyfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm turning my Biocube 29 into a planted tank. I am moving everyone over from my 20g tank, four adult guppies, 4-5 baby guppies, 5 zebras and one pair of dwarf gourami.

My question is what do I do in the back chambers? They are empty besides pump and I will put a heater there. Thanks!

Also, I have a 6 bulb nova pro fixture, with 3 12 k bulbs and 3 420 actinic bulbs, do I just replace the actinic or some of the 12ks with the 18w flora freshwater bulbs by truelumen?

I have read that they are great for hiding co2 diffusers and such also. Yes, switch out any actinic bulbs for plant specific or full spectrum bulbs.

Gillie said:
I have read that they are great for hiding co2 diffusers and such also. Yes, switch out any actinic bulbs for plant specific or full spectrum bulbs.

Great, thanks! I will have to look into the co2 diffusers.

I would only use two of the bulbs on that fixture. You don't need that much light.

ChizerBunoi said:
I would only use two of the bulbs on that fixture. You don't need that much light.
I get the three freshwater pink bulbs this week, so I will see. I can run just 2 on one switch. Will I just look for algae growth for too much light?

Back
Top Bottom