Biocube heat problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rncarter

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently bought a 29g biocube and water quality is great except I have a over heating problem. Current water temp is 91, how do I maintain a 76-81 degree temp ?

If you can install a fan on the water or better ventilation it may help some but that seems to be very warm so if cooling down the room consistently isn't an option to bring it down then your left with getting a chiller. How warm is the room its in?

rncarter said:
I recently bought a 29g biocube and water quality is great except I have a over heating problem. Current water temp is 91, how do I maintain a 76-81 degree temp ?

Few options.

1) fan
2) chiller
3) lowering room temp (air conditioning)
4) open top

Depending on your lighting a change in lighting could bring the temp down such as switching to LEDS.

In your home or outside. I combat temp problems by keeping my central air at a consistent 68 but if you don't have that option like I said a chiller may be needed. If its only a temporary problem which yours doesn't sound like some people will freeze bottles of water and float them in the tank

I live in Massachusetts so temp is only this high for 2 months, I turned off lights now to see how much temp change I will gain by tomorrow morning.

Back
Top Bottom