Biocube light/ fan makes noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ozzlil

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a new biocube 29g, I have the lights on a timer, when the lights first come on the "fan area" on the left side of the hood make a rattling type of noise. After 30 min. Or so it stops... Any ideas?

It's really not that unusual. I dont know how long u have owned this aquarium but after awhile dust builds up on the fan blades. When this happens it causes the blades to become unbalanced, causing a vibration. When it happens on my BioCube, I take the fan assembly apart and blow the blades off with canned air. The same stuff u use on electronics It's no big deal. All u really need is a tiny Phillips head screwdriver. The kind u would use for glasses and a can of compressed air. U can get both these at any Walmart or home improvement store

You could replace it every time it makes noise, only to find the replacement makes noise. Or u can clean the blades first, which is much cheaper

Cleaning them will help for sure and prolong their life. Never hurts to have replacements when they go to avoid your tank heating up.

Back
Top Bottom