Biocube or JBJ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phoebekatee said:
Sorry, I just chose what looked good :(

I agree, definitely are pretty fish! I heard the mandarin is hard to keep tho ! Maybe when I have more experience! Like u list tho!!

Breezyrae said:
I agree, definitely are pretty fish! I heard the mandarin is hard to keep tho ! Maybe when I have more experience! Like u list tho!!

mandarins do not eat prepared foods. Only copepods.

I thought Valentini Puffers could live in a 30 gallon FOWLR. I know LiveAquaria says so.

Terrance said:
Those cubes are small for the smallest SW puffer.

You're probably right. However Petco has a couple of other puffers that fit 30 gallon systems. Maybe I shouldn't push it then. I adore pufferssomehow I haven't gotten one yet lol, just everything else so far.

I thought Valentini Puffers could live in a 30 gallon FOWLR. I know LiveAquaria says so.

Yeah live aquaria says so, but consider the floor plan of the cubes.

Biocube 29g is L 20.8 x W 20.1 x H 19. But the W is really ~16 since the back of the cube takes space away.

30g is good for the bioload, but needs a wide floor plan for puffers. Its really a tight squeeze after filling your tank up with live rocks and corals (if you want to test some).

Terrance said:
Yeah live aquaria says so, but consider the floor plan of the cubes.

Biocube 29g is L 20.8 x W 20.1 x H 19. But the W is really ~16 since the back of the cube takes space away.

30g is good for the bioload, but needs a wide floor plan for puffers. Its really a tight squeeze after filling your tank up with live rocks and corals (if you want to test some).

Good advice Terrance  thank you! Definetly didn't think of that 

Get the nano cube it has the wave maker retire and advanced led's option but either way buy it online from marine and reef free shipping no tax and free refugium light great service too

Carey, took your advice and bought the Biocube 29 bundle from the link you supplied. I have a question tho. So I bought the chemi-pure elite, purigen and filter floss. Do I use that in conjunction with the fuge that comes in the bundle and put live rock and chaeto in there as well ?? Idk I'm sooooo confused right now lol. Also how much live rock should I put back there?? Any input is welcome thanx!

Yep, you run both side by side they fit perfectly in there. :)

I only have chateo in my fuge right now, I kinda forgot the live rock. lol

Did you get a light for the fuge?

carey said:
Yep, you run both side by side they fit perfectly in there. :)

I only have chateo in my fuge right now, I kinda forgot the live rock. lol

Did you get a light for the fuge?

Lol it feels like I am forgetting everything!! Also I have researched so much I confused myself lol! I forgot the light after I paid for the media baskets. So I'm gonna order that either today or tomorrow. Ordered the Biocube as well yesterday. Haven't seen the chaeto at my LFS, but again I was never looking for it. Does the params stay pretty good without lr in the fuge? Thanks again for your help Carey 

I just trimmed down my chaeto this past weekend, it about tripled in size. :)

I totally overfeed the cube, cause of the mandarin and the scooter, I mean really bad and my nitrates hover around 10 with bi weekly water changes. I could get them down with more frequent water changes I bet. I also like the ease of the filter media, the bags of chemipure elite and purigen last for months, I just now changed them and it's been about 5-6 months since I added it. I just change out the filter floss a couple times a week and the setup keeps my water crystal clear. :)

Awesome! Thanx for everything Carey!! U are awesome! Saturday I got my Biocube setup and some live rock, and today moved the rock around and found a tiny brittle or serpent banded star and a tiny snail! I'm soo excited! Tried taking pics of the star but, he is so little and matches the coraline on my rock it's too hard to distinguish him in the pics , and eventually went back into a tiny hole in the rock

Breezyrae said:
Awesome! Thanx for everything Carey!! U are awesome! Saturday I got my Biocube setup and some live rock, and today moved the rock around and found a tiny brittle or serpent banded star and a tiny snail! I'm soo excited! Tried taking pics of the star but, he is so little and matches the coraline on my rock it's too hard to distinguish him in the pics , and eventually went back into a tiny hole in the rock

Congrats on your new aquarium! :)

redsea said:
Congrats on your new aquarium! :)

Thanks redsea!! Once I get it up full and running I will post some pics! Just need to add a couple more pounds of cured LR and fish! My 2 clowns look like they can't wait to get in there lol, they seem to be always pointing in that direction now. My oscars tank is next to it, and it seems he is curious about it too lol

Back
Top Bottom