Biofilter Booster?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aw_Ref

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any recommendations on what to use to boost the biofilter in an established tank? I don't really have a lot of room for adding additional live rock. Just wondering if any of the additives are worth it.

You could add a sump/fuge or a filter of some sort. How much LR do you have now?
I agree, the boosters maybe junk.

The tank is 140 gal w/ 230 lbs. of LR. I currently have a sump. All levels (except nitrates, 20 ppm) are testing 0.

You have plenty of LR in your tank. You dont need more. All you need to do now is cycle your tank and let the nitrifying bacteria grow on your rock. As Lindsay said that will take Time.

The tank is 140 gal w/ 230 lbs. of LR. I currently have a sump
Sounds like plenty of bio-filter there! I wouldn't waste the money and time on an additive. Using GAC, or some other similar chemical medium, at least occasionally, is a good practice if your not already. It will aid in keeping DOC's down.

Sounds like plenty of LR to me. You may consider adding a bunch of LR rubble to the sump to help.

Back
Top Bottom