Biogenic substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

splattered

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've collected some tiny sea shells from the beach to add to my tank in an effort to add minerals/raise ph. Some of it is very fine shards and too sharp for the tank so I'm thinking I can wrap it up in a pair of pantyhose and hang it in the sump somewhere. The larger more complete pieces would look nice in the display but is this really advisable? Should I just use aragonite?

what kind of fish do you have? South American fish even the ones they breed in Asia are 6.5 ph fish. Most live bearers, I used The words most. Like a higher ph.Thats why 7.0 is neutral in most cases IM excluding African Cichlids. My motto is what comes from the ocean stays with the ocean unless you have only live bearers and Africans. I only have shells in my saltwater.

Right now there's kribs in there and a few panagasius "sharks", and 2 morgunda morgunda gudgeons. For plants there's jungle val Americanus, hornwort, bacopa Carolina, Ludwigia, anubias, and 2 red mangroves. My intention was to at some point go brackish but I needed the space as some of these fish out-grew my 90 gallon. For now it's a 180 gallons us high tech dirted20170602_175440.jpg

Back
Top Bottom