Biotanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fit101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am wanting to start my first reef tank. What are
your thoughts on these oceanic biocubes? What would be the best way to go?

I have never had a biocube. I have a 90 gallon and a 10 gallon in regular tanks. Bios are a great starter tank, but most people end up gutting them later on to mod the lights and such. I guess you could say it's a personal preference? But IMO I think it's a bit pricey to pay $200 for just a tank with a bunch of sections in the back.
It's whatever you prefer. Biocubes are a great beginner tank though.

I wouldn't say don't get one. If its your first tank you may be happy with it. I bought one and it's been up since November. Yes I modded it to the max but I love my biocube 29. I do agree however with the others and do your research! Lots of it! It depends on what you wanna keep as far as stock and corals etc... You may be just fine with it! Here's a few shots of my biocube 29. I modded a lot however but glad I went with it.

Like I said I agree with the others about doing your research but you may find that it suits your needs. Or maybe not. Like the other posted stated buying a tank and then just buying all the components separate may work for you. I liked the idea of the cube, the look of it and the sleekness. I also like gadgets and liked the idea of all the mods that could be done to it. Maybe spent more money but hey! To each there own.

Good luck with your choice which ever way you go.

image-1344918313.jpg

image-1201926177.jpg

image-46720787.jpg

image-2373212222.jpg

image-3227497848.jpg

image-2355404189.jpg

image-2288738845.jpg

image-3944803546.jpg

image-1515866099.jpg

image-230708825.jpg

Last edited:
Hey convict do you have fish in it? It looks awesome!! That is the exact setup I would like to have. Looks really nice.

fit101 said:
Hey convict do you have fish in it? It looks awesome!! That is the exact setup I would like to have. Looks really nice.

Yes my stock is as follows and I know I'm over stocked but I keep up on it so it's been working since November with no issues.

1 orange spotted goby
2 clown fish or as my wife says Nemos
2 bengi cardinals
1 harlequin shrimp
1 6 line wrasse

CUC

2 cleaner shrimp
3 peppermint shrimp
1 blood shrimp
a variety of hermit crabs and tons of snails of all kinds. Some nassarius snail, 1 Mexican turbo and the rest are astraea snail and some other snails as well.

I thought you had a mandarin and a pair of scooters? I guess im not up to date with your biocube.. Haha

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I thought you had a mandarin and a pair of scooters? I guess im not up to date with your biocube.. Haha

Nope your right I forgot the mandarin but I lost both scooters :(

I may try a red scooter though. Been watching one at the LFS seems to be eating well. There keeping for me, I told them I wanna be sure since I did lose 2 scooters. Everything else is A ok ;)

Here he is

image-219083467.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom