Black and White Clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

athomson101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
HI all,

I'm starting to plan my first saltwater tank at the moment :n00b:. Decided that it will go great with the new house I just purchased

I had a few tropcal tanks for years but gave them up when I moved out of the parents place. I would like to have a marine tank (FOWLR to begin with and then corals later) when I move into my own house.

I have a 90 gallon tank and was thinking of a few common clownfish to start with (Amphiprion ocellaris). I would really like to mix some normal cloured ones with the less common black and white ones? I think the mix would be really great.

Does anyone know will this be a problem?

Everything is still in the planning stage so am open to all ideas.

Thanks.

Andy

ANDY-
Your tank is huge, Im sure space will help them create their own place.. I had 2 clown once and they didnt get along, but that was in a 50gal. and not alot to share and hide in...
I love the black and white clowns.
Why are True Percula so much more money than false percs? Are they tank raised and not true ocean fish or something???

A 90 gallon is still only 48" long. About the same room as a 55. I would not call that huge. You may well end up with a problem having a 'few' in the tank. What else will be in there? How much LR?

Added all at the same time may lesson the fighting as they all need to find their place.

The tank size has actaully gotten smaller so I think I will just be aiming for the 2 black and white clownfish. See my other post in this section.

Pity ... would have looked great but not good for the fish.

Back
Top Bottom