Black Ghost knife fish and freshwater Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishMan2000

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So for my first tank I decided to do some freshwater angelfish,as I like the way the way they look and J find them interesting. In the distant future (with the angels in the tank) I was considering putting a Black Ghost Knifefish. Is this a good idea? Is their anything I need to know? Any help would be appreciated.

How big is the tank? From what I've heard those knife guys get massive. I don't know how rapidly but I think they become like 24 inches.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The black ghost I'm looking at is supposed to only reach 12in. The tank size is 55 gallons but I may upgrade the size later. The Knifefish is going to go in the tank later after I get the tank set up and stable. Also, I'm only thinking of putting a pair of angels in the tank, I just want them in their to accent the Knifefish.

Knifefish needs at the very least a 6ft 125+ gallon tank. Look at the videos on YouTube of adults. It makes a 75g look small.

Caleb

Thanks ImaCoolguy I'll keep that in mind. Probably just stock the 55 with the angels and I'll find another fish for it as well.

Thanks cgthebeast I didn't know their were different species of ghost Knifefish, I'll keep that in mind. Now I just need to find one.

A brown knifefish would work in your tank size, but I don't think they're a good fit if this is your first tank. They can be hard to feed and very timid. They are also wild caught so they are prone to having or carrying a lot of diseases.

A bgk does not need a 6ft tank it needs a wide tank a 90 gallon tank will work I have mine with angels and they do great together

Back
Top Bottom