Black ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whitegurl84

Aquarium Advice Regular
I Just bought a yellow tang on Saturday and I noticed yesterday they it had black spots on it and this morning they were progressively worse. I am going to take him out and QT him but what do I do about the tank? I have 8 other fish in there and 3 invertebrate in there so I can't take them all out Some one help please.

It kills parasites in the water. I would suggest using it for the life cycle of ich, which is 6-8 weeks. I would suggest talking to your lfs about them.

I got some ich-x I put in the qt and gave the tang a freshwater dip. Is the uv sterilizer a light? I would talk to
My lfs but all of the ones I talked to have never heard of black ich.

Never heard of black ich...black ich is real and not all in your head :p...my foxface got black ich and my blue tang got white ich :p...at least you are dealing with one type ^^...the uv sterilizer is a type of light, but it is cased in plastic, it kind of acts like a bug zapper...I always use metroplex combined with focus (metroplex is the medicine and focus binds the medicine to the food)...The food I use with the medicine is mysis shrimp since it is full of proteins. I soak the food in garlic guard since the fishies don't like the taste of the medication :p (than again who does -.^)...Everyone has their own methods of dealing with ich ^^ and good call with the freshwater dip I hope it helps ^^

Well tried a couple things but it didn't work yesterday morning he was dead.

I am sorry for your loss. At least you know you tried all you could to save him. I am sure your fishy know it too.

Sorry, for your loss. You might want to look into a quartine tank, If you are into the hobby. Even if you trust your retailer, a 30-40gallon quartine tank is worth it.

Back
Top Bottom