Black Little Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Strawman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey folksy

I have a snail problem. When I was starting my tank I got these little black snails from a local aquarist. These little guys have taking over. I have upwards of three hundred of these little guies in my tank. Would you identify them for me

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110930_212813.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110930_212813.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 100
  • ForumRunner_20110930_212836.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110930_212836.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 85
Strawman said:
Hey folksy

I have a snail problem. When I was starting my tank I got these little black snails from a local aquarist. These little guys have taking over. I have upwards of three hundred of these little guies in my tank. Would you identify them for me

Are you sure they are snails,looks like little legs in the one picture,and the shell shapes looks more like hermits.

Maybe not snails but definately not hermits. I will grab a different pic with the next lunar cycle. The come out in force on the full moon

In actuality I could care less about what they are, but only if someone has a good idea as to how to get rid of them. I am only trying to figure out what they are so I could do some research and develop a good plan of attack

Back
Top Bottom