black molly lying at bottom 1 died ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TASHANCRAIG

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have had 2 dalmation mollies for 6 months now so i added 2 black mollies into my tank too the male 1 was ok the female 1 started shaking then swimming funny fast around my tank then died so i bought a new 1 and that has started shaking now and just sitting at the bottom of the tank ????????? funny behaviour peple say add salt but i have other fish in my tank and my other 3 mollies are fine and nothing wrong at all with them ???? :confused::confused:

Mollies are one of those fish (like tetras) that are so prolific and hardy that many fish stores tend to overcrowd and care poorly for them. When I bought my initial black mollies from the store, all 4 of them only lasted about a month and a half - but that was long enough for them to put out one batch of fry that were born into a nice clean tank - and those fry are doing great.

I'd recommend boiling some peas and removing their skins, and see if the molly will eat them. They need their veggies and could be bloated.

Back
Top Bottom