Black molly maybe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homedog98

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is it possible to put one in a twenty nine gallon tank with this stock?

6 black skirt tetras

6 zebra danios

4 orange laser cories

1 keyhole cichlid

1-2 Bolivian rams

1 rubberlip pleco
If I don't have enough space, could it fit in a ten gallon with 2 male guppies and 2 ADF's?

I think it sounds good but i think maybe scartching the rams and keyholes for a pair of Kribensis. Reasons they are more active and better looking and are easy to care for as the rams are sensistive. Have a look on my profile page Homedog i did a profile on the Kribensis and the Key hole

It's ok. The cichlid is a south American peaceful cichlid. It works well in community tanks. And thanks for trying to help, but the calculators kind of confuse me. Thanks Jason, but I still think I'll keep the rams and cichlid, they're really cool fish to me.

If you're still considering mollies for that tank, I would advise getting more than one and possibly all females.

They don't school like tetras, but they don't like being alone either.

Oh, then maybe one black, and one chocolate chip? Do I still have room if I do that?

Oh, then maybe one black, and one chocolate chip? Do I still have room if I do that?

I think you might be pushing it with your bio-load, but the mollies should otherwise fit in well with the fish already there. You can get just one, but if you get more than 2 you definitely should get females. Males will become aggressive towards one another. I had to find that out the hard way when my wife got me 2 males a few months back. I ended up having to add four females to calm them down. It's recommended that males have at least 2 females with them to control aggression.

Well, would two fit in the ten gallon? One in the 29 gallon? Both in the 29 gallon? 1 in the ten gallon?

Well, would two fit in the ten gallon? One in the 29 gallon? Both in the 29 gallon? 1 in the ten gallon?

I see you have frogs in the 10 gallon tank. Is the tank filled completely with water or do you have a lower water level to accommodate the frogs? If it's filled completely with water then I would see no problem putting both mollies in the 10 gallon tank.

I would put 2-3 Mollies in your 10 gallon tank. You could probably fit a single Molly in your 29g, but they are social fish so I think they would be better off in the 10.

I see you have frogs in the 10 gallon tank. Is the tank filled completely with water or do you have a lower water level to accommodate the frogs?
He has ADF's, which are aquatic frogs, only surfacing for oxygen (like Bettas) every now and then. He shouldn't need to fill the tank less than full. (Lol that sounds weird... couldn't figure out how to word that better)

My only concern is ADF's aren't brackish water fish like Mollies are so...
Who wants to chime in here?

Thanks for clarifying, OhNeil.
With that, I would definitely say Mollies in your 10g would be nice. You have the room for it and it would look great with the other fish in your tank. :)

So, 2 mollies in the ten gallon would be fine with two guppies and two ADF's? (and I'm a girl btw!) lol

The Bolivian is a little less aggressive than the gbr and I don't know much about keyholes. If you do get a Molly make sure it is healthy and big.

from, Adam

Back
Top Bottom