black moor and oranda temperature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davy 1983

Aquarium Advice Activist
could i add a heater to my 65litre tank which has a oranda and black moor, reason is i have some neon tetras in an other smaller tank which i think would be happier in the 65litre, iv read that orandas an black moors could live in temps from 10-25° and neons 20-26°, if i went 20° would that be ok? and would they fin nip?

I honestly would not add the neons because your already overstocked. 65l is only @17g- two fancies really need a 30g to themselves. Ideal temps for fancies are in the 70-74f range. You really should keep your tropicals seperate from the fancies because they have different housing & dietary needs.

its not there long term home am going to get bigger tank when they get bigger there still very young at the moment

Thats great to hear! The sooner you can upgrade the fancies home, the better! You dont want to risk stunting them by not providing adequate growing room. You then can get heater & move the neons to the 65l & setup a nice community tropical tank. :)

Back
Top Bottom