Black Moor eye injury. Advice wanted.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheGuppyGirl

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a black moor with a what appears to be a sore on his eye. I noticed it yesterday and it just looked like he lost a scale and left a white spot. I looked again today and it looks worse and slightly swollen. I took him out of the goldfish tank and in with my cory tank (side note: there is lava rock in my goldfish tank, but all the other fish are fine).
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1443015507.452822.jpg
Sorry I couldn't get a better picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

May heal on its own with lots of water changes, or just putting him in a new tank/tub with crystal clear fresh out of tap declor water and some AQ salt. Or you could go the med route......Put him in a hospital tank or tub at least 5 gallons 10 is better with airstone and use Methylene Blue for a couple days, or treat with Furan-2 for a day or two. Don't feed during this time. Never net a fancy goldfish, wet your hands and gently pick him up and put him in the methylene or furan.

I had a blackmoor and he injured his eye. He sliced it open looked really nasty I found with lots of water changes and a bit of aquarium salt it healed up pretty quickly.
I removed all decorations from tank so he didn't bump into anything.
Hope your little guy recovers quick too.
Love blackmoors miss my little guy he lived 10 years

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Good news, his eye is looking better, but he started showing signs of swim bladder disease so he's been moved to the quarentine tank with epson salt and a light dose of meds. It's been about 13 hours and it seems his bouancy has returned to normal. Gonna keep him in quarentine for a few days anyway.

Back
Top Bottom