Black Moor split dorsal fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bodkin_89

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

My black moor goldfish (Flick) has randomly got a split in his dorsal fin.
The first photo is from about 20min after i cleaned his tank up and the second was a short time ago. In between there was around a 2 hour gap, so its happened in that time frame (i think they've uploaded in reverse order)
He's alone in the tank and it's a clean split, not ragged or torn, there are no red or white streaks and he seems totally fine apart from that.
He's swimming around quite happily and has eaten when i dropped a treat in after i cleaned the tank.

Any suggestions? Could it be stress?

Attachments

• 20180506_133306.jpg
    20180506_133306.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 20180506_170728.jpg
    20180506_170728.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 145
Hello Bod...

Probably nothing, if the fish is otherwise acting normally. I has always added a bit of standard aquarium salt to my Goldfish tank. I keep Comets and the standard Goldfish and a teaspoon of salt in every 5 gallons of treated tap water has been good for them. It will help heal the injury, aids in the breathing process and if the fish is stressed the salt has a calming affect.

I'm certain the fish is fine. Just keep the tank water extremely clean with large water changes weekly.

B

Wonderful, thank you so much for replying!
I'll keep an eye on him and check out the aquarium salt too, that sounds like a good investment. Will keep up thewater changes and fingers crossed it heals quickly :)
Thank you again!

Back
Top Bottom