Black platy poorly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Victoria1983

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I’m new to the group and was hoping for some advice. My black platy has taken a turn for the worse today and I’m unsure what is wrong. I have had my tank water checked at my local pet store and all the parameters were fine (not sure of exact figures sorry). Yesterday it was swimming around but I noticed it was struggling to eat as it appeared the top of its mouth was gone?! Today it is lying on the bottom of the tank and struggling. I have a feeling there isn’t much I can do for it sadly but I’m really concerned as I have 10 fry from the platy and hope to keep them healthy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you :)

Additionally the pet store didn’t recommend treating the tank as I have amano shrimp and nerite snails. Also the platys tank mates seem to be unaffected (3 males guppies and 10 platy fry). The tank was fully cleaned last week and I’ve done a 20% water change today. I’ve attached a picture which was the best I could get before it moved away to hide.

Attachments

• C45FAD0D-4470-451B-9F3F-609DE96CE498.jpg
    C45FAD0D-4470-451B-9F3F-609DE96CE498.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom