Black sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Demonknight

Aquarium Advice Freak
awhile back someone mentioned using blasting sand, for the life of me I can't seem to find it on home depot or lowes web sight, anyone got the name of it?

Black diamond blasting sand, I picked mine up at tractor supply company for @ $8 for 50 pounds, takes a good bit of rinsing and has some bits that are reddish and some that look a little golden but not many also try to get the lower grain count like the 20-40 grain as it's less likely to get blown around the tank

thanks for the fast reply..getting ready to set my 90 up (have to build the stand first) but decided to go with the black sand look this time around

Going to be ordering in Red tiger Motaguense (parachromis motaguensis) from the
cichlid connection site, been wanting to get some for awhile now, only bad thing is I have to order in $50 worth of fish at a time, on the plus side I'll have a few for sale after I get a paired up set *grin*

Should be fine I have this sand in two planted tanks where I mixed it with flourite sand and I'm just getting a reef tank started where I'll be trying the blasting sand as well

Back
Top Bottom