black specs? Kenyi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaponic cowboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Blue lab or female kenyi. Little black specs on anal fin right side and a few small black specs above anal fin right side. Not there before and getting bigger. Seems perfectly healthy.

Aquaponic cowboy said:
Blue lab or female kenyi. Little black specs on anal fin right side and a few small black specs above anal fin right side. Not there before and getting bigger. Seems perfectly healthy.

Picture o_0 ?!?!?!?

could be a parasite so we would greatly appreciate a close up of them. how old/big is the fish? how long has it had the spots? xxxx

She's not showing me her side for a decent photo. She's nearly 2in long. I'll try to get a pic with the big camera.

Nearly a week to increase the spread. They don't move. They are fixed in place. Size of a grain of sand. Impossible to get a pic. Sorry.

they should be fine then. many fish just develop random speccles, its natural. i think theres nothing wrong with them :)
buuut if they start bleeding or swelling, the fish looks ill and bloated or just dies - the spots need to be identified for future reference in any other fish and fully clean out the tank.

Rah nope. Started seeing little clear hair thin lines curled up on her. Parasite. Nuking the tank now.

Back
Top Bottom