Black Spots on my Sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Purevil21

Aquarium Advice Addict
So on the top of my sand bed there are very tiny black spots, they look like pellets but I don't feed pellets. Does anyone have any idea what this could be and what causes it? It is all grouped in one corner, and there are a few spots isolated throughout. I will try to post a pic.

No, it is not living, but it came out of no where and I don't see how two small clowns made that much waste so quickly. Why wouldn't my hermits and snails eat it? I have 13 hermit crabs and 15 snails in the tank.

I am also not sure why my sand has that brown appearance, it was white sand and I had some diatom problems but they have mostly vanished. Now my sand has a light brown layer on top.

Have you gotten a good CUC. I know you said you have hermits. I would try some nassirus snails. They will travel through the sand.

Yeah I need to get some snails to go through my sand, the margarita snails don't. I have 15 Margarita Snails, 1 Snail that I have no idea what it is but it is large and digs through the sand, 1 orange knobby starfish, 3 blue leg hermits and 10 red hermits.

Back
Top Bottom