Black spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
68381-albums13046-picture60624.jpg
These are the spots, they are between black and brown. I hope the photo shows enough.

I've never seen anything that looked quite like that before! Are the spots part of the leaf or are they something sitting on the leaf? Do they rub off? Are they fuzzy? I don't know what to think of this.

The ribbing on the leaves and their shape makes me think they are a type of fern. Some ferns have these dark marks on them normally. ??? OS.

They don't rub off, they fell like part of the plant - smooth. Not fuzzy or bumpy. They are getting bigger now that I have taken a picture and really looked at them again. And they are spreading. I have stopped fertilizing and using Co2. It doesn't seem to bother the fish or snails. Water parameters are perfect. Doing another WC tomorrow.

Holes especially if they started off small in the anubia can be a sign of potassium deficiency. Sword plants don't have spores but try looking under diseases or virus in Sword plants and see if you can't find something. Aquatic plants can have these problems and sometimes disposal of the diseased plant is best. Just see what you can find.

I don't know if its just me, but that Amazon Sword sure looks just like a Java Fern... If so, those spores and markings are totally normal. If not, we'll...

Back
Top Bottom