Black Widow Tetra illness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gog77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had this fish for quite a long time now probably around 5 - 6 months. When I first got it I noticed this black mark on it's side. I didn't think that much of at first but over time if got bigger and took up nearly the entire side of it's body! The fish doesn't look under any stress at all and seemed fine. 2 weeks later lumps have formed on the fish. One close to the tail, one under it's eyes and one under it's gill. Again the fish doesn't look affected by it at all but I don't want it to get any worse.

Parameters are fine and are checked reguarly, do a 30% change weekly, have a 55G tank with an Aqua One CF1000

So I would like to treat it but I can't work out what it is. I have it in a quarantine tank for now in case it spreads to the other fish in the tank. Just need some advice on treatment.

Went to the LFS and they said Tri Sulfa tablets should do the trick. Hopefully it all clears up. How long would it take to expect some results?

Pics are a bit hazy but it's the best I could get.

Kinda hard to tell from the pictures. What color are the lumps? White or black? I've had a black tetra get spots on it like the black splotches on yours, but never formed lumps. Sometimes they can be hazardous and sometimes they are simply benign growths.

Oh okay, I see them now. :)

It's hard to tell whether the triple sulfa would help or not. Sometimes stuff like that is just genetic, sometimes it's bacterial. If the triple sulfa does not work, I would assume it's simply genetic and there really isn't much you can do.

Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom