Blackwater aquarium light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LCieParagon

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all.

I'm creating a 40 gallon blackwater tank. What is a decent light to use? I was thinking something by Finnex. I like their quality. Does dual 7000K seem alright?

Thanks.

Just to double check, will you do doing live plants? Do you have an idea what sort of things you would like to plant?

Just to double check, will you do doing live plants? Do you have an idea what sort of things you would like to plant?

I will be doing live plants. I'm thinking of swords, blyxa, and/or wisteria. It will have a low ph like around 5.5 or so.

If you are referring to the Ray 2 then yes. You may also want to
look at buildmyled. Com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a blackwater planted 10 gal, growing some med light plants with 2 13 watt 5000k cfl's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Blackwater does horrible things to lighting. The swords might do ok and possibly the wisteria, but the blyxa will not do well. There are plenty of plants that do well in low light situations, you may want to poke around some of the aquatic plant forums which will have extensive guides on various plants giving lighting requirements and such.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom