Blanching Vegetables

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swankyspoon

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Guys,

So I just got a Tiger Nerite Snail for my 10 g guppy tank. I am not sure there is much algae, and I want to make sure he/she doesn't starve. How do you recommend I blanch vegetables for the snail? What vegetables are acceptable? How often do I feed?

Thanks in advance!

swankyspoon said:
Hi Guy,

So I just got a Tiger Nerite Snail for my 10 g guppy tank. I am not sure there is much algae, and I want to make sure he/she doesn't starve. How do you recommend I blanch vegetables for the snail? What vegetables are acceptable? How often do I feed?

Thanks in advance?
I have fed my nerite snail ground up lettuce.... (cooked) frozen peas probably work too.

Frozen peas, zucchini, and cucumber work fine.
Just boil until partially cooked, then toss them in ice cold water. There's the launched veggies :)

Thanks! How often do I feed one Nerite Snail? How many peas do I feed the snail?

I was wondering this too. I have two Nerites and I never see them actually eat anything lol I feed my fish a pea once a week and take the extra out after an hour or two. I tried cucumber once but most of my fish didn't seem to go for it and I didn't see the snails on it either. Same with lettuce. I've had the snails for two months now so I guess they're eating something, just not sure what lol

how exactly do you feed a snail?? i have rainbow and SAE, and they tend to try to eat everything but I put in some blanched cucumber today and no one touched it...I have loads of nerites though, do i just leave the cuc in for a bit? how long is too long??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom