blood parrot info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T-man02

Aquarium Advice Freak
what is the minimum for a pair or a single with some tank mates for a blood parrot? what are some good tank mates as well.

-thanks

30 gallon minimum alone but i wouldnt put it in anything less than a 40 gallon and good tank mate are any large ish fish that cant get eatin. like large tetras (skirts) hatchets etc big bodied fish are better. but i wouldnt put anything in it in less than a 55

I would keep a adult pair in a 75g with a bristlenose plec and call it stocked, with them reaching 10". Tankmates can be just about anything from larger SA cichlids to small schooling fish like giant danios. I think keeping them in a species tank always works best. They are fairly shy but when push comes to shove they can hold their ground, what would you expect out of hybrid from a red devil.

I have 3 rb parrots ranging from 4-8" in a 450ltr with raspboras & glowlight tetra. The other fish were in the tank a good while before I introduced the rb parrots. I've had no issues with them, they all do there on thing & ignore everyone else lol. Even at feeding time they just seem to gentle nudge each other if they're after the same piece of food.
I know they are a controversial subject but I am glad I bought them, they are so curious and once over their initial shyness, very interactive.

There's no way I'd keep any in a 30 gallon. I'd say 55 minimum for 1 and 75 minimum for a pair.

Back
Top Bottom