Blood red parrot cichlid help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Candi1990

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have these? I bought two today that were pretty fleshy and some red when i brought them home. They are black now!!! Do they turn when they are afraid or scared? New environment maybe? My tank had a history of high ammonia but the ammonia is fine. Are they stressed or sick?

Does anyone have these? I bought two today that were pretty fleshy and some red when i brought them home. They are black now!!! Do they turn when they are afraid or scared? New environment maybe? My tank had a history of high ammonia but the ammonia is fine. Are they stressed or sick?

I have two and they get black spots wen they are in mating season but turning black I'm not sure. Mine lost color when brought home from stress.. Most likely stress caused it but watch careful..

Mine weren't spots they literally turned black! They weren't orange like most of them are they were a fleshy white with red around the face and gills kinda. Sorry hard to explain. They were scared I think. Stressed. I turned the lights off in the room, (and the tank) suck up on them and they are much lighter. Still not normal color but a lot lighter. They are very timid and shy, don't think they like people at all! They didn't enjoy the tank mates either, not very nice.

They're very timid fish in general. It takes awhile for them to get used to you. I've had mine since September and he still runs away when I get close to the glass.

Today they were back to normal. We'll they were. I have NEVER had a fish that changed that much so fast! My jacks would turn if I was messing in their tank or trying to catch them, these are normal colored and turn black when I walk up! If I stand still or leave about 10 min later they are lightening up. I hope they get better!

Mine weren't spots they literally turned black! They weren't orange like most of them are they were a fleshy white with red around the face and gills kinda. Sorry hard to explain. They were scared I think. Stressed. I turned the lights off in the room, (and the tank) suck up on them and they are much lighter. Still not normal color but a lot lighter. They are very timid and shy, don't think they like people at all! They didn't enjoy the tank mates either, not very nice.

U have very youn ones if they're still fleshy coloured and it's amazing to watch them change color. The black I'm unsure about I saw your pictures that seems odd. I think just stress I believe when I brought mine home they went white and we're very shy . Now everytime time I go to the tank they're the first ones to swim up and greet me. They can be shy and skittish but it should get better. Give them a hiding spot! They're territorial sometimes

U have very youn ones if they're still fleshy coloured and it's amazing to watch them change color. The black I'm unsure about I saw your pictures that seems odd. I think just stress I believe when I brought mine home they went white and we're very shy . Now everytime time I go to the tank they're the first ones to swim up and greet me. They can be shy and skittish but it should get better. Give them a hiding spot! They're territorial sometimes

Yes they are fleshy and red underneath bit not small at all. Not sure how old but very shy! It's only been a day or two but I think they are getting better. I love them they are beautiful fish!!! I put a few new spots for them I have 3 species of fish in the tank, and they all pair off with their own kind. So I put places for them all to be separate if needed. It's weird they all play together for a whole, then they pair off with their own kind, fun to watch!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom