Blood spots on stomach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buu

Aquarium Advice Freak
I thought i would go out on a limb and picked 9 flame Von rio tetras from petsmart yesterday (thinking maybe it was just my one batch of neons who were ill). They seemed like they were doing fine, but I noticed one swimming odd towards the end of the night (nose facing upwards, swimming sideways ect) Nd also noted he had blood spots on his tummy. Only one of the bunch. Wake up this morning and he is dead. Check params, everything good (PH 7.6 rest is 0. My QT tank has a filter I set in my main tank filter for last few months so it is cycled). Do a 50% water change and hope for the best for the rest.

image-3952079253.jpg

Anyways what could this be? I look it up and most things say a parasite. Could it be in all the fish and how would I go about medicating or helping them? Is it a lost cause (should I just return them all?).

P.S- am I the ONLY one with trouble getting fish from petsmart? My first fish (neons) had ick. And now these. My Khulis were perfect and came from a LFS (which I am no longer buying from because they seem to be going down hill! Last time I went to look at fish I noticed alot of dead/barely alive fish =(). I guess my only hope is to order online and spend 35$ on shipping for a batch of 2$ fish. But it's worth it if they're healthy. I am so close to just buying a beta and calling it a day on my 30g. He would be one happy betta.

Back
Top Bottom