Blood Worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vanimal

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is it cheaper to buy the blood worms in cubes or the sheets? I go through a lot of blood worms and have always bought the cubes. I was wondering if I would get more for my money by buying the sheets. What do you guys think?

I have always bought the bloodworms through cubes and they have always been more effective

vanimal said:
Is it cheaper to buy the blood worms in cubes or the sheets? I go through a lot of blood worms and have always bought the cubes. I was wondering if I would get more for my money by buying the sheets. What do you guys think?

Who could say? It depends on how much you are being charge for it. Price divided by ounce will give you price per ounce. Do the math and compare.

blert said:
Who could say? It depends on how much you are being charge for it. Price divided by ounce will give you price per ounce. Do the math and compare.

Ok ill try that.

Just checked
The Cubes are $4.99 and 3.5 oz
The sheets are $4.49 and 4. oz
I usually buy the cubes but now I'm switching :)

The processor charges more $ per oz. for the cubes because of the extra cost to them to mechanically separate cubes rather than the sheets that are one piece. So basically your paying for the convenience of pre separated cubes rather than one whole sheet.

Cichlid Kid said:
The processor charges more $ per oz. for the cubes because of the extra cost to them to mechanically separate cubes rather than the sheets that are one piece. So basically your paying for the convenience of pre separated cubes rather than one whole sheet.

Thanks I'm for sure switching because I don't mind breaking up the sheet. What do you use??

The sheets, but since switching to nls exclusively i haven't bought anything to supliment any of my fishes diets.
Woops... yes i do. My tt eel eats earthworms:)

Common sense is strong with this one. (y)

Cichlid Kid said:
The sheets, but since switching to nls exclusively i haven't bought anything to supliment any of my fishes diets.
Woops... yes i do. My tt eel eats earthworms:)

I supplement peas. And feed my bichir blood worms and earth worms my fire eel ghost shrimp(that's all he will take) and my BGK blood worms.

jetajockey said:
I use the sheets because they are cheaper, plus it's easier to pick the amount I want to feed since a cube is usually a bit more than I intended on using.

Ok thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom