Blood worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've been feeding my fish bloodworms for a couple months now and want to know if I'm doing it right. I use a plastic cup for each tank and fill it with about 1/4 with water from that tank. Then I put the frozen worms in and let it sit for 15-20 min and mix it with a stir stick and float the cup in the spot of the tank with the most circulation to allow the worms to spread.
Is there a better way?

Keep calm and drum on

I just use a pair of tweezers to hold a frozen piece directly in the tank. Super lazy...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I've been feeding my fish bloodworms for a couple months now and want to know if I'm doing it right. I use a plastic cup for each tank and fill it with about 1/4 with water from that tank. Then I put the frozen worms in and let it sit for 15-20 min and mix it with a stir stick and float the cup in the spot of the tank with the most circulation to allow the worms to spread.
Is there a better way?

Keep calm and drum on

Nope. That sounds fine.
Honestly, I just dump mine in right out of the freezer.

I use frozen brine shrimp and just throw half a cube in my tank. They pick at it and it starts to dissolve. Didn't know you had to let it thaw first...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I use frozen brine shrimp and just throw half a cube in my tank. They pick at it and it starts to dissolve. Didn't know you had to let it thaw first...

I don't think you have to let them thaw it's just something I do to make eating it easier

Keep calm and drum on

Oh okay. Just checking to make sure I'm not doing the frozen food thing wrong lol.

For frogs I drop a cube in straight from the freezer, at night, and turn out the lights.

I tried to feed them thawed worms with an eye dropper. They caught on to an extent but it was a long slow process, with the frogs sitting still with worms on their head, and the betta stealing them.

I don't put them in the main tank frozen, I worry about brain freeze ... Lol.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

I thaw all my frozen foods out of habit.
I also mix/pre-wet my flake and NLS before adding.
Mixing either with water first just lets the food spread around tank in the flow easier IMO,allowing all fish to get some.

I picked up a little floating cone from the LFS and just drop the frozen cube into that. The worms or shrimp thaw inside this cone floating on the top and the fish pull the thawed snacks through the holes. Works great.
Just google blood worm feeder and you should see lots of them.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom