Bloodfin Tetras ^_^

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxima423

Aquarium Advice Addict
so i went to my LFS today and they both Harlequin Rasboras and Bloodfin Tetras, i decided to go with Bloodfin Tetras because of a couple of reasons:

1) lots of dead Harlequins in the tank
2) lots of nipped fins on the Harlequins
3) Bloodfin Tetras are awesome lol

but they only had 3 left, i told them to get me 6 -8 more, i was told to come back Tuesday.

img_1146666_0_b25a60ae5562cce775152f889d1c6b05.jpg

img_1146666_1_ea58c06565de98c437b55364d4067b84.jpg

ill get more pics later ^_^

Nice looking fish. How big are they now? They look like a pretty decent size. Hopefully all the new ones they get are similar in size!

Good choice :p. Bloodfin tetras are probably some of the most active fish I've seen, really close schoolers, basically spazzes :p. Fun fish!

They are jumpers too, keep a lid on the tank.
I originally bought 24 of them I am down to 14 but they are very tight schoolers and very timid eaters especially in big tanks with bigger fish, I keep mine in a 210 discus tank

oh are they jumpers =P i didnt have a lid all day yesterday and none of them jumped lol.... i read profiles on them and never did it say they were jumpers =]

i plan on getting at least 7 hehe

and thnx everyone =]

They are jumpers, even discus are jumpers. But yes many of mornings have I found nicely dried out whole fish jerky laying on the floor.

I got an egg crate lid on it now, all you hear every now and then is a smack of scales on plastic.

Ive lost, discus,angels,betta's, all different tetras and even SAE's to jumping. I prefer open top tanks and well the egg crate gives me that plus protection from loss of investment.

Back
Top Bottom