Blotches on EBJD stomach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luggy978

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys. I've had my blue jack now for just over 2 months. He's 2.75" and doing ok generally. Yesterday I noticed some marks on his belly. There's 2 of them. They are red, but not blood red and they are on the stomach behind the gills. One is a roundish spot about 3-4 mm and the other is the same size but slightly elongated. It does touch it's belly when it swims over the rocks but I'm sure it's not this. I observed him for an hour last night while trying to get a picture of his belly and watched him head shake and rub himself on the rocks a few times. He's in a 29 at the moment with a 2" royal plec and a 2" sajica. They're going to be in a 75 real soon!! I do want to get him out and have a closer look at the marks but I thought I'd ask for your views first. Any help would be great.

Thanks

One day at a time

Hi!

What are the tanks parameters at the moment and are the other fish acting strangely or showing any signs of issue? I'd certainly try a water change and see if any improvement is seen.

Is he otherwise discolored or have flared gils?

Hi. I did a 50% water change yesterday which I do twice a week and did my parameters this morning which were
Am 0-0.25
Ni 0
Na 5.0
Ph 7.6
Even after water changes there always seems to be just a trace of ammonia!!
I have seen the sajica brush its body once the other day but everything else seems fine no discolouration and feeding fine.

One day at a time

Back
Top Bottom