Blue Crayfish with Zig Zag Eel.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have never had an eel or cray, but the eel is a bottom dweller and is a slow swimmer, PLUS it's long. So with all those things said, I think the cray with eventually snap it up.

Well my eel doesn't really swim about, he just stays in his plastic tube all day lol. But yeah, you could be right - although I think the eel would definitely put up a good fight back so I guess it's really anyone's guess who would win, but if they'd fight till the death either way then i'd be better not getting a lobster then lol.

Thanks!

By the way, while i'm here I may as well ask something else; my eel is in a 7 gal just now because he was too aggressive to stay in the main tank, but i'm wondering if the tank is too small for him. He just stays in his plastic tube all day anyway (as I said), so I really don't think it's that much of an issue if he stays in there. What do you all think?

That is definitely too small for him. I have mine in a 65 with a few African cichlids. They are constantly out swimming.

Hmm, I wonder what to do then. I could put him in my 33gal but that would have to wait till the summer. Unless I put him back in the 33gal just now and take the Rosy Tetras and Swordtails out.

But then I don't know how the eel would be in with the Glass Cats now, because he tried to go for them too when he was in there originally...

I've noticed mine will try to eat any fish they can get a hold of. I will occasionally put 4 week old convict fry in with them to catch as a way to keep them occupied. They never seem to be full enough not to chase them.

Back
Top Bottom