Blue face or emporer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigdman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I wanted to get one large angel for my tank. My other fish and whatnot are compatable, I've check and recheck before I drop $250 on one fish.

My 80gal tank is 4 months old. about 40lbs premium live rock when purchased.(sponges, algae, tube worms, polyps, green foliage on them) and still growing.

My question is which fish is better for me, easier to keep and raise. Blue Face angel or emporer angel? THanks for your input.

Both fish grow to over 15" and your tank is too small for either.
Also, I don't know where you saw these fish for $250, unless you were looking at purchasing an adult. Juveniles are less than $100.

I do have a 155 gal that I still need to set up, bascially waiting until I can come up with the cash for the filter and light. While were on the subject, which one does better? I heard the blue face can accually require more then the 155, more in the range on 180+?

Also one more thing, is it possible that a juvi, blue face and emporer, may never change?? (someone at a lfs told me this)

All fish will change from their juvenile stages to adulthood along with their given color patterns. Both fish attain about the same size, around 15" in home aquaria so either one in a 155g.

Back
Top Bottom