blue gourami breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jakedalab

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hiya everyone. I just got a blue gourami absolutely have no idea on how to tell the sexs apart. Was wondering if anyone on here had an answer to that. Ill try to get a picture of Pat( is it Patrick or Patricia hmm lol) the gourami when I get home if it will make things easier.

if they are more colorful, then they can be a male. also the dorsal fins of a male is longer and sharper at the edges while the females are shorter and rounder.

He don't seem to have very much color but I just kinda of figured that up to stress with being moved from the lfs to my 55. But who knows. He didn't seem to have much color at the lfs but I again figured that was due to the stress of being transported and try to adjust to a new place. I guess ill give it a few more days to see if he colors up. If not I guess I could just go off the fins. Are they fairly easy to breed?

Did you find out the sexes? I have 2 gouramis and I've been trying to figure out the sexes as well. I was told that the males fins comes to a point and that the females fins are more rounded. If thats true both mine are females :)

Heres my gold gourami my pearl one is real shy. I think its definitely a girl from all the research I've done but who knows I could be wrong.

ForumRunner_20120107_100400.jpg

Back
Top Bottom