Blue lobster question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

9ujy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ould a blue lobster work in a 20 gallon with a Chinese algae eater botia angelicas loach ghost shrimp and two danios and a kahuli loach?

9ujy said:
Ould a blue lobster work in a 20 gallon with a Chinese algae eater botia angelicas loach ghost shrimp and two danios and a kahuli loach?

*would

the lobster(actually a cray) will eat everything he can get his claws on if the CAE doesnt get to it first. they will be the only 2 left,and the tank will be too small for either of them

+1 to eating everything it can get hold off inc your loaches

My blue lobster is actually mostly scared of the other fish in the tank (angels, gouramis, loaches) and has only gone after (successfully) fish that were otherwise unhealthy.

That being said, it seems 50/50 whether you get an aggressive one or not, and 20g seems awfully small.

They are lightning fast and mine can go from end to end of my 48" tank in a literal blink of an eye. 20g seems too limiting to me.

I have three tanks; 125 gallon community tank (with all kinds of species), 35 gallon cichlid tank (still pretty small guys) and a 10 gallon that had one large mean aggressive Cichlid that I did not know what to do with since he does not play well with others. I bought a large blue cray this weekend to make my 10 gallon tank more interesting since I can't put anything with the mean Cichlid at the advice of pet store that blue cray don't need much roaming room, but now am thinking he may have been wrong. I thought of moving him to the Cichlid tank, but worry they may be too small yet and he will eat them. Right now, he rarely if ever moves from under his hallowed out log which does confirm what pet store said, but I want him to do well and thrive since he was pretty pricey and I and my 4 year old twin boys rather love him.

If you keep crayfish with other fish your best way to avoid aggression would be to not have any other bottom feeders.

This thread is over 3 months old. I'm sure the OP has reached a conclusion at this point. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom