blue panaque shrimp info?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyd

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have any info or have a colony of these shrimp? I am looking to start a couple shrimp colonies, one orange sakura and the other a blue variant. either going to be blue jelly or blue panaque. However, I'm not able to find much info about the panaque so wondering of anyone here has experience?

How about blue dream/velvet shrimp? Anyone have experience with those?

I have blue velvet shrimp and so far for me they have breed pretty well and haven't been too touchy. I started with 10 and no have around 35-40 after 8 months. Just keep up on the water changes and make sure that there is enough calcium in the water for them to regenerate their shell after a molt. Good luck!:)

I have blue velvet shrimp and so far for me they have breed pretty well and haven't been too touchy. I started with 10 and no have around 35-40 after 8 months. Just keep up on the water changes and make sure that there is enough calcium in the water for them to regenerate their shell after a molt. Good luck!:)

Cool, thank you :)

Do you mind posting a picture?

Blue velvet Shrimp

Here is a picture of one of my bigger ones before I switched to sand... (Which I highly recommend for shrimp tanks)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 242
He's pretty bright. Looks a lot like the blue jelly I have.

I was planning on sand actually. Either the fine grain eco complete or the Petco black sand. Haven't looked into the eco complete yet though so don't know yet if it can be used for a shrimp tank.

So was able to dig down a little bit more. Still trying to find info for blue dreams and panaque though. But it seems that blue velvet/jelly are the same shrimp. just different name.
These shrimp species are confusing.

Back
Top Bottom