Blue Ram Help/20 gallon Planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You'll need to do more frequent gravel vaccing/water changes with a cruddy kit filter like that. Start saving for a better one.

Amanos should be fine once the tank is cycled. Good luck.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for the response. I have enough Christmas money to buy an Aquaclear, probably going to go with the 30 if I can find it. Hopefully this will help convince my dad that the crappy kit filter is bad, but I might just add it onto my 10 for extra filtration and no extra filter lying around. is my tank completely stocked? Or is there extra stocking space? I don't want to end up overstocking!

Nils

Lol, you don't know how much I've tried to get my mom and dad to let me get a bigger filter for this tank, but my dad says that if it came with the kit, then the company isn't dumb enough to put a filter rated for smaller aquariums int here. But the truth is, they area. Big companies like Aqueon are cheap and do everything they can to save money, including putting filters to small for the aquariums in the kit. But I think I'll have to stick with the PowerFlow 10 anyway because I have a small bioload in the tank. Also, would adding 5 Amano shrimp once the tank is established be okay?

Nils

No offense. This thread has to be the most redundant, repetitive, blah blah thread I've ever participated in.. weve answered your questions many many times yet nothing seems to have been decided?? That filter is not adequate, why on earth would any major corporation give you a great deal?? Lose money for a high five? No.. that filter sucks and you need a better filter for your decided upon stock.. whatever that may be.. let's get down to business here.. enough of the chit chat and silly questions..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No offense. This thread has to be the most redundant, repetitive, blah blah thread I've ever participated in.. weve answered your questions many many times yet nothing seems to have been decided?? That filter is not adequate, why on earth would any major corporation give you a great deal?? Lose money for a high five? No.. that filter sucks and you need a better filter for your decided upon stock.. whatever that may be.. let's get down to business here.. enough of the chit chat and silly questions..

Whoa easy Brookster, Nils like the rest of us wants to get it right. Sure the same questions may have been asked and answered a few times, but it seems he is just caught up in the excitement lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Whoa easy Brookster, Nils like the rest of us wants to get it right. Sure the same questions may have been asked and answered a few times, but it seems he is just caught up in the excitement lol.

I kind of agree with brookster, Ive been following along and I can't believe we are at 23 pages of nothing but simple stocking questions that have been answered many times over.

Think I might start a new thread, this has nothing to do with Blue Rams anymore.....I just want to make sure I don't make a careless mistake and have my fish die off, sorry if I am repetitive. I really am just looking for good help.

Nils

Think I might start a new thread, this has nothing to do with Blue Rams anymore.....I just want to make sure I don't make a careless mistake and have my fish die off, sorry if I am repetitive. I really am just looking for good help.

Nils

If I'm not mistaken you no longer have cichlids in your stocking list. (I could be wrong) You may want to post a new thread in the getting started or general forum. I know many have experience with general tropical here but some that have good knowledge on them never come into the cichlid area.

GBRs do for sure. I believe its possible for widow GBR to find a new mate, but I'm not sure on the part.

My male from my pair died. Got a new male yesterday and the widowed female has found new love apparently. They spawned within 1 day of male in tank!
So they definitely aren't permanent widowers!

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Sorry to hear that Emerald, but it's great that they already spawned! Ima go ahead and oat a new thread.

Nils

Nils

Do this: Make a list of all of the questions that you have and attempt to find the answers on your own. You can start by using the web sites that I linked to earlier in this thread. If those sites don't have the information that you need, do a Google search. If you can't find an answer to a question after 30 minutes of searching and reading, post the question in the General forum.

You're right. My b

Sorry to hear that Emerald, but it's great that they already spawned! Ima go ahead and oat a new thread.

Nils

Haha thanks, didn't mean to take over just point out that yes they will re-pair and quickly too! :)

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Back
Top Bottom