Blue ram with head wound, help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheFishTanksInTheBasement

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Other than the wound he seems healthy, just timid. We aren't sure if it is a injury from a fight with maybe another male ram or our red tail shark....or it could a be something else. He got it about a week ago, it has a little fuzz on it but he hasn't lost too much color. We have been doing daily partial water changes and adding the appropriate amount of salt. The last thing is the wound seems to be growing...or the scales around the wound are just shedding. What do you guys think is happening to our ram?

Attachments

• image-4135003599.jpg
    image-4135003599.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 93
  • image-3839287065.jpg
    image-3839287065.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 72
Hi! Is this the only fish with these symptoms? How do your numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph look? Are you able to quarantine him for treatment? He looks like he has a bacterial infection that will need to be addressed with antibiotics. I am not sure which country you reside in to make further recommendations as some countries have strict limits on fish meds.

Hi! Is this the only fish with these symptoms? How do your numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph look? Are you able to quarantine him for treatment? He looks like he has a bacterial infection that will need to be addressed with antibiotics. I am not sure which country you reside in to make further recommendations as some countries have strict limits on fish meds.

Yes it was, sadly he died though. Ill attach some good pictures of the wound. However we just had a african butterfly fish randomly die. As far as our numbers, we are fresh out of the test strips but we've been doing 25% water changes for the last week so they've gotta be low.

Attachments

• image-2659891799.jpg
    image-2659891799.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 62
  • image-690939685.jpg
    image-690939685.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 68
Oh another ram had weird poop. I snapped a pic. It looks very thick to me and white. Im not sure if it was long or short or if the ram is still pooing like that. I just wondered if this is normal.

Attachments

• image-1898555257.jpg
    image-1898555257.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 61
How long have you had these fish? When was the last time you added a new fish? I am trying to figure out what is happening here as it seems like there may be more than one issue. Does anyone have any unusual symptoms, sores, spots, etc?

How long have you had these fish? When was the last time you added a new fish? I am trying to figure out what is happening here as it seems like there may be more than one issue. Does anyone have any unusual symptoms, sores, spots, etc?

The blue rams have been in the tank between a month and a month and a half. The last time we added fish was march 28 and we added a blue ram and a bn pleco. The one that we lost has been in there the longest. He was the dominate male. As far as the other fish 2 tetras have tumor like bumps on their tail, they have always had them. Other than that everyone seems healthy.

Back
Top Bottom