Blue Rams compatibilty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big C

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all and happy New Year!!!!

Over the holidays I finished re sealing my 30 g. I added some eco complete gravel under the old gravel that I had kept with the filter running in a bucket to keep the bugs alive and avoid cycling the tank again.

With this and a few trimmings from the plants in the 75 g, a lava rock and a few artificial plants to provide shelter until the trimmings grow I started the tank on jan 1st. The parameters were good from day one with NO3=10 ppm and all other numbers in check.

I moved my 3 green tiger barbs and my one arulious barb in there and I will QT 3 more tiger and 2 more arulious barbs for that tank.

Now the question: I want a couple of Blue Rams; should I put them in the 75 or in the 30 g? If the answer is the 30 g: Should i wait for a few months or is it OK to add them soon? Say in 2-3 weeks after all the barbs are in the 30 g.

Thank you!

Thank you guys! As soon as soon as I empty my QT tank I'll go Blue Ram shopping, not before I read throught the very successful thread on Blue rams started by jchillin.

Now, what can I put with my barbs? The compatibility chart I found doesn't mention anything about them.

I would put them in the 75 as well. They'll have more space to swim plus they will be in a mature tank with stable parameters.

The first fishes I bought for my tank after cycling were GBR though. I didn't know they are supposed to be fragile here in the US. Anyway, they've even been spawning in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom