Blue Rams making me crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Perhaps you should read the original post.
I Had to break down my main tank.. This was triage, and only temporary till it can be fixed....

The first 3 dorsal spikes are much taller in males and yes, they both will have a black spot but the male does not have spangles inside the black spot.

I was going to say that same thing... Sure fire way to tell is the black spot.. If its sparkly its a girl.. Guess the girls like shiny things :)

This is true but it can be hard to tell because in the right light males will have a blue sheen and this confuses people.

apparently it even confounded the shop owner who had it in a tank called "males only" i just learned that bit of info last night when i asked my friend who had bought me the fish as a gift for my community tank.:banghead:

apparently it even confounded the shop owner who had it in a tank called "males only" i just learned that bit of info last night when i asked my friend who had bought me the fish as a gift for my community tank.:banghead:

Lol sounds like my LFS they know little to nothing about sexing the fish.. I had to search the internet on ways to do that for myself

Back
Top Bottom