Blue Regal Aulonocara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crabs

Aquarium Advice FINatic
In anyone's opinion. Are 2 males along with 5 females too many for a 55Gal. Tank with many hiding spots?

Attachments

• image-904785002.jpg
    image-904785002.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 125
Need some experienced thoughts on this. Would really like a successful breeding program fm this stock. But I don't want to stress them.

I had 11 in my old 55g,think you should be just fine...a lot of it depends on the fish mainly&having 2 males could cause some major aggression during spawning..you could rehome one male&add another female...

Thanks TT. Yeah I'm kinda afraid of the males going at it. I've been trying to breed my Regals for over a year. Today I got a deal on a breeding pair. So I was going to give my old male away if necessary. Sadly, they're identical in size and color. I would probably give the new 1 away by mistake (my luck). Mostly worried about stressing them with too many fish. So you answered my question. And I'll monitor the aggression between the males. Thanks again

Crabs said:
Thanks TT. Yeah I'm kinda afraid of the males going at it. I've been trying to breed my Regals for over a year. Today I got a deal on a breeding pair. So I was going to give my old male away if necessary. Sadly, they're identical in size and color. I would probably give the new 1 away by mistake (my luck). Mostly worried about stressing them with too many fish. So you answered my question. And I'll monitor the aggression between the males. Thanks again

Your Welcome yo....

Got rid of 1 male today. Gave it to my son who also has an African cichlid tank. So alls peaceful again. I just hope I chose wisely as to the 1 I gave up. They're both beautiful Regals.

Back
Top Bottom