Blue shrimp pregnant help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aaronp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just bought 3 blue shrimp two r pregnant and 7 red cherry shrimp ,and 1 singa pore shrimp ,was woundering if any other shrimp would eat there eggs?? I also have 6ghost shrimp but seperated them is it safe to keep in the tank an have them hatch? Also what temp should it b ?

image-1621689304.jpg

Also have 2 trumpet snails

Shrimp don't become pregnant, when you see the eggs under the tail are considered "Berried".

Shrimp don't lay the eggs they keep them under their tail until they hatch and develop into miniature versions of the adults. So to answer your question no the eggs won't be eaten. The ghost shrimp will eat the shrimplets.

Your blue shrimp and cherries will cross breed however and you'll end up with a bunch of ugly brown shrimp.

Mogurako said:
Shrimp don't become pregnant, when you see the eggs under the tail are considered "Berried".

Shrimp don't lay the eggs they keep them under their tail until they hatch and develop into miniature versions of the adults. So to answer your question no the eggs won't be eaten. The ghost shrimp will eat the shrimplets.

Your blue shrimp and cherries will cross breed however and you'll end up with a bunch of ugly brown shrimp.

Yeah ha thats what i meant, yeah i knew the ghost shrimp would eat them so i seperated them in the breeading net, dammm ..thanx for the help ?

Back
Top Bottom