blue tang sleeping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin_Toronto

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just picked up a small 1" blue tang the other day. I noticed when he sleeps he'll hide himself in a little nook of live rock with only his eye peeping out... I was wondering if I have to worry about my hermit crabs catching him as a midnight snack.. ?

i was thinking about buying a blue tank, there are some baby tangs about an inch in size for 15 bucks from this chinese guy that i know. i just have a 20 gallon w/ a sump, w/ a damsel and a scooter, how quickly would it grow? im plan to upgrade my tank but not for another year.

The problem would be that they need plenty of swimming space. I would say that anything under a 4 ft tank would be too small. Even at that size. A bigger tang should have at least a 6 ft tank. JMO

thank you, i would only want my fish to be happy, even though my fish are small i feel like im keeping them in a cage, i feel like they should swim so many miles in a life time and explore the world but i think if my fish where in the wild they would stay in one spot their entire lives anyway just living in a hole in a reef.

Back
Top Bottom