Blue tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FTMMWS said:
Hmm,,well the blue/regal can get huge ,,one of the biggest next to the naso's and they tend to grow fast..I never owned one but have seen a buddies grow almost overnight ...I wouldn't go under 180 gallons simply because of the width ..a 125 is 6 feet long but only 18 inches wide ..a 180 gives you a 6 x 2 footprint..doesn't seem like much but once its filled with rock its a big difference ...I bet you'll be able to find something even bigger, 250 + would be my starting point ,especially if you want a puffer too.. Are you near any bigger cities ..i see your in Florida,,i lived in Jacksonville for a few years ,,nice place

I'm in west palm so I'm further south but Miami isint to far from me and Orlando is only about 2 hours. Jacksonville is 4. I've been searching Craigslist for about a month but I only really found one thing that I kick myself for not buying. I found a 300 gallon that was in a restaurant that they stopped using for 500 I think. I waited to long to make up my mind! Darn it!! Ok! I'll definitely look into getting a bigger tank then! I really love the look of saltwater and even though I'm still cycling my 20tall freshwater I've already got my eyes set on a big saltwater tank lol. Problem is down here everyone's selling the whole thing! Tank with Rick and fish and all parts! And right now I don't have the room to keep it running. I'd have negotiate with my roommate to clear our half their stuff just for my fish tank. Lol. It's a 2 bedroom apartment but were on the first floor so no weight issues! Just space lol.

I read a post on here that they can be! That's ok with me since I really want the blue ones! Lol

I kinda want a nemo tank. Is there any puffer that's compatible with the blue tang a 2 clown dish. Dk what kind yet

a saddle valentini puffer should be ok with these fish, its not the same fish as bloat on nemo, but i have one and its not aggressive at all

I have a spiny box with 2 B&W's and there is no issues ...

Too bad that 300 got away,,that would have been perfect .........for now anyway:lol:

Blakskall said:
a saddle valentini puffer should be ok with these fish, its not the same fish as bloat on nemo, but i have one and its not aggressive at all

Perfect I'll look into those! Thanks!

FTMMWS said:
I have a spiny box with 2 B&W's and there is no issues ...

Too bad that 300 got away,,that would have been perfect .........for now anyway:lol:

Haha yes for now! We will have to just see! I eventually want to get rid of a wall in my house and just have a fish tank! One day! Lol

Back
Top Bottom