Blue & White fish Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Castillo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I want to make and aquarium with blue and whit fish, but I need ideas.

Right now I'm thinking:

Green neon tetras
A type of killi
Gertrude Rainbows

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Also it is a 29 gallon aquarium heavily planted and has been cycling for three months

White skirt tetras. Powder blue dwarf gourami. Pearl danios. Albinos cories (generally the albino verison of bronze cories). Stiphodon atropurpureus, the Sumatran neon blue goby. Norman's lampeye killi maybe?
Those are a few. Look into individual species for compatibility of course. :)

Depends on size of tank but look up Honduran Red Points they come in Blue and Platinum. I had a tank of them and they looked great together.

Or

Silver mollies with turqoise rainbows or blue gouramies or neons or guppies or bettas

OR

White and Blue Mbuna cichlids.

**** just saw the tank size only option 2 would work minus the rainbows.

White skirt tetras. Powder blue dwarf gourami. Pearl danios. Albinos cories (generally the albino verison of bronze cories). Stiphodon atropurpureus, the Sumatran neon blue goby. Norman's lampeye killi maybe?
Those are a few. Look into individual species for compatibility of course. :)

Nice! I like that idea, do the pearl dainos blue come off strong? The only fish Im not huge about are the albino corys.

Thanks!

Nice! I like that idea, do the pearl dainos blue come off strong? The only fish Im not huge about are the albino corys.

Thanks!

From my experience, the blue is usually more understated. They mostly look white to me with iridescent blue. I find them one of the most attractive danios. Also, they are not too hard to find. They can be rambunctious though, so you need to be careful about tankmates to make sure nobody gets stressed and everybody gets food.

Something else I thought of was l239, the blue panaque. I don't have much experience with them, and I am not sure how blue every one is. My friend got one and hers was fairly blue. That might be worth looking into.

Back
Top Bottom