blue zebra in 4.5gal??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

still

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ive an unused 4.5gal inhere, not cycled yet..
can ive apair of blue zebras in it?

the point inhere that iwant a fish with personality and iknow about the cichlid family
alittle that they really have personalities.. inthe same time they need areal large
space to make them comfortable..
iknow ican raise abetta in this setup verywell, but iwant to try something diff.
any suggestions?

ive found real small blue/opaline gouramis in a LFS. , apair of em will be ok?

If you originally meant 2 blue zebra danios..why not? ...i would think two of them in a 4.5 gal would be fine. (Just my opinion)

If you originally meant 2 blue zebra danios..why not?
This member is talking about cichlids :)
4.5 gal is pretty small. If you up grade to 10 gal, you could have a dwarf cichlid.

zebra danios will benefit from more swimming room in a 10 gal. 4.5 is really tiny for a fish that loves to swim and dart around.

what about 2 female bettas? Just add one at a time and make sure the second gal is smaller (I believe it helps acceptance/establish a pecking order without fights)

Sparkling Gouramis are sooooo coool. I have seen them from time to time at the LFS. They look so delicate and refined Plus they are small 4 should go quite well in your small tank, with a few small (tiny) plants.

Neah. Leave out the gouramis. Those guys get crazy in small spaces...

A pair of Fundulopanchax garderi or Aphyosemion australis killifish would do well in there, and those have personality.

Or... if you're willling to feed small amounts of live food every so often, go with Dwarf Puffers. These guys have personality out the wazoo--much more than cichlids, even! 3-4 would go very well in that space. But you would without a doubt have to feed them live black worms and/or brine shrimp once every few days. It's really not that gross once you get used to it.

thank u all for ur appreciated help..
well, idont think ive many choices as ican see, so iwould go either with a betta or ill
search for the dwarf puffers inhere (albeit inever saw 'em in any LFS ivisited).

again, thanks much for ur help :)

That would be odd to keep marine grade salt around for a 4.5 gal tank, JMO. Plus, bb gobies do like their space.

Back
Top Bottom